Smell the Daisies

Friday, July 28, 2006

Forming good habits

Last week, at campmeeting, we had some amazing speakers. One of them talked about different ways of getting into the habit of spending time with God, and I don't think I'll ever forget it.

If you currently aren't spending time in prayer in the mornings, hide one of your shoes far under your bed before going to sleep at night. Then, when you wake up, you'll have to hunt for your shoe, and when you remember where it is, you'll have to get on your knees to reach under the bed for it. While you're down there, say hello to God! It's just a few seconds, but it's a start, and let it grow.

If reading the Bible isn't as high a priority as it should be, lay it, open on top of your TV every morning. Then, reach back, and unplug your TV. When you return from work, and settle down to watch TV, you'll realize that it's turned off. As you reach behind it, you can't miss the Bible on top, so read a verse while you're there. Again, start out small, and it will become a bigger and bigger part of your life.

Well, I've got quite a few habits I need to develop more strongly. One of those is writing in my blog. So, I simply need to think of a method for making it impossible not to do so! Well, for a blog I may not do that.... But, I could come up with a couple ideas, even so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home